MOL Tech Asia respects the privacy of your Personal Information and we do not collect information about you without your prior knowledge. MOL Tech Asia endeavours to do its utmost to treat your Personal Information with the utmost care and has implemented strict protocol to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
This Personal Information Protection Policy sets out the principles and processes that MOL Tech Asia has in place so as to meet the requirements of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) (Act 26 of 2012) and also reiterates that the submission of your Personal Information is voluntary.
Personal Information or Personal Data refers to any information about you from which you can be identified. Examples include your personal particulars, employment details, educational qualifications, billing and payment details, and other information about your use of products, services, websites or for job applications.
By providing your Personal Information to MOL Tech Asia, you hereby consent to MOL Tech Asia sharing this information to other affiliates of MOL Tech Asia for purposes of updating and enhancing their respective records and for MOL Tech Asia and its affiliates to:-
(a) collect, retain, use and disclose your Personal Information;
(b) contact you by telephone, facsimile and / or e-mail; and
(c) advise you of products and services which may be of interest to you.
Such Personal Information will also be needed and used by MOL Tech Asia to better the services of MOL Tech Asia and its business partners, for tracking and verifying compliance with MOL Tech Asia policies, for meeting laws and / or for fulfilling editorial and feedback solicitation purposes. MOL Tech Asia may also share aggregate information about you with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This Personal Information is used to customise MOL Tech Asia’s content and advertising to deliver a better experience to you. The use of your Personal Information for these purposes will be kept to the minimum required. Where necessary, MOL Tech Asia and its affiliates may also use the information to resolve any disputes that may arise. MOL Tech Asia employees, affiliated companies or entities acting on behalf of MOL Tech Asia with whom we share your Personal Information will be bound by this statement.
Other than those individuals and entities listed below, your Personal Information will not be revealed by MOL Tech Asia to any external body, unless MOL Tech Asia has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. The information provided by you may be disclosed by MOL Tech Asia to:
(a) regulatory authorities;
(b) lawyers / accountants / auditors or other advisors of MOL Tech Asia;
(c) third party service providers; and
(d) any agents acting on our behalf.
Additionally MOL Tech Asia may, in the following situations, collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your consent:
- The Personal Information is generally available to the public.
- The Personal Information is necessary to render a service that the individual has applied for.
- The Personal Information is required by law.
- The Personal Information is for research or statistical purposes, and that the results of the research or statistical processing would lead to an aggregate or de-identified Personal Information and would not lead to identification of an individual by any reasonably foreseeable means.
- The collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is clearly in the individual’s interest.
- It is impracticable to obtain the individual’s consent at the point of collection, use or disclosure, and if it were practicable for the individual to grant such consent, the individual would be likely to give it.
- Legal, medical, or security reasons make it impossible or impractical for MOL Tech Asia to seek the individual’s consent.
- In an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of the individual or community
MOL Tech Asia uses industry standard practices to safeguard your Personal Information. Nonetheless, due to any limitation(s) in the current security technology, MOL Tech Asia cannot always ensure that all communications and identifiable Personal Information will never be disclosed to third parties and MOL Tech Asia does not promise that all communications and personal identifiable information received through its communication channels will always remain confidential.